Born Custom Guitars Limited Warranty
Every Born Custom Guitar (BCG) instrument’s neck and body is warranted to be free from materials* or workmanship defects for the entire time that the original buyer owns the instrument. Other items, including the pick ups, controls, all electronic components not made by BCG, pick guards, plated surfaces (if any), jacks, switches and case are limited to a One-Year warranty from original purchase date for materials and workmanship defects.
In order to make a warranty claim, the original purchaser must contact BCG immediately upon discovery of a suspected defect. Original owner shall be responsible for ensuring that an instrument returned to BCG is prepared, packed and shipped safely and properly to BCG or a factory-authorized service center. Upon arrival at BCG or a factoryauthorized service center, BCG shall examine the instrument and determine, at their sole discretion, the authenticity, extent and existence of the defect, if any. Should BCG determine that there is a defect, BCG MAY REPAIR THE INSTRUMENT, SUBSTITUTE DIFFERENT PARTS OR REPLACE THE ENTIRE GUITAR WITH AN INSTRUMENT OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE IF IDENTICAL MATERIALS ARE UNAVAILABLE OR IMPRACTICLE TO OBTAIN, OR, BCG MAY REFUND THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE, ALL AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF BCG. Only BCG or a BCG factory-authorized service center may examine and evaluate a BCG instrument.
All shipping and insurance charges as well as liability for damage (if any) occurring during shipping shall be the sole responsibility of the buyer. The buyer shall pack and ship the instrument using professional quality packing and shipping materials, and appropriate for freight of this value.
Limitations and Exclusions
The following items are not covered by this warranty.
- Wear on frets, saddles, nuts, strings and batteries.
- Checking, shrinking, sinking, discoloration and wear of lacquer finishes.
- Setups, adjustments or routine maintenance of any kind.
- Damage to finishes or cracks, splitting, or wood warping due to changes in temperature or humidity, exposure to or contact with sun, fire, moisture, body salts and acids of perspiration, guitar straps, guitar stands/hangers made from vinyl, plastic, rubber or other synthetic materials, any other chemicals or non- BCG-approved polishes.
- Damage, corrosion or rusting of any hardware components caused by humidity, salty air, or exposure to the moisture, body salts and acids of perspiration.
- Any damage to an instrument resulting from customization or modification.
- Normal wear and tear on any part of the instrument or case including jacks, controls, switches, plated surfaces, tuning machines, pickguards, zippers, clasps, handles, latches, case hardware etc.
- All other damage and deterioration due to normal usage, wear and tear, aging, accidents, neglect, abuse, or Acts of Nature.
- Any instrument, whose serial number is missing, altered or tampered with in any fashion.
- Any instrument purchased from anyone other than BCG or a BCG authorized dealer.
- Instruments that have been serviced by unauthorized persons (any person other than a BCG factory technician at BCG or a BCG authorized service center).
THE FOREGOING CONSTITUTES THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY BCG WITH RESPECT TO THE INSTRUMENT AND IS MADE EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Any implied warranties, including without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, imposed under state law are limited to the duration of this limited warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not be applicable to you.
BCG ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR PROPERTY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM FAILURE OF THIS PRODUCT NOR ANY LOSS OF INCOME, SATISFACTION, OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE LOSS OF USE OF SAME DUE TO DEFECTS OR AVAILABILITY OF SAME DURING SERVICE.
NOTE: This warranty applies only to BCG instruments purchased and serviced within the U.S.A. and Canada. Warranties outside these countries are as defined by the authorized BCG Distributor for your country or region, and may vary from the above in terms and/or length.
*BCG uses sustainable hardwoods of unique character and cannot warranty that replacement, if any, would be duplicated. Additionally, due to the matchless nature of the woods used to manufacture the instruments, imperfections are to be expected as part of the individual appeal, and in no way do they or shall they represent a flaw or defect.
EFFECTIVE DATE: NOVEMBER 21, 2014