Creating music is all about inspiration, and that’s exactly what our instruments are meant to provide. Every Born guitar is built from start to finish in our shop in Broomfield, CO by expert craftsmen and is constructed from the finest sustainably sourced materials available.
Each Born guitar is built from the finest raw lumber we can possibly source. The tonewood we purchase for our guitars is the top 1% of all wood of a given species in the world. Long before your guitar is built the tonewood (in the form of raw lumber) is carefully selected for its tonal and aesthetic qualities. Once the fine tonewood arrive at our shop, it is evaluated for structural and resonant integrity to ensure that it is suitable for an instrument of this quality. For all pieces that pass our strict standards, the wood is then cured in our shop in order to ensure excellent stability and tonal quality.
Designing an Instrument that Inspires
Key Differences when building a Guitar with Born
- Choose the exact top wood that will go on your guitar, not just a representation – We have hundreds of option on our website for you to choose from – Each One-Of-A-Kind
- Handwound pickups just for you – Our Pickup Guru, Mike Snider, winds your pickups just for you to compliment the exact woods and design of your guitar.
- Only the best possible hardware and components money can buy
- Design your own control layout and switching features so you can squeeze as much tone as possible out of your guitar
- 100% Guarantee – If it’s not right we will fix it with no additional cost to you
- Get your Hot Rodded Custom Guitar for the price of a mass produced guitar from a big manufacturer’s ‘Custom’ Shop
Hand Craftsmanship meets Cutting Edge Technology
Each step of our building process is integrated with our quality control measures so that every detail of your guitar is just the way you expect it – perfect.
After you have finalize your design, and our experts have reviewed your order to ensure that all your options are compatible and will meet your tonal goals we start to build your dream guitar. We use Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Numeric Controlled (CNC) Machine technology to ensure the geometry and technical details are to within 0.001” (0.0254mm) of our design specifications. Once the raw tonewood lumber is machined to the specific specifications of your dream guitar, then our skilled luthiers do the rest by hand to ensure that every little detail of your guitar just right. This is essential when working with wood since it is an organic material that is different from piece to piece unlike metal for example. This is why metal components are easily mass produced.